Handy: Cleaning Service On Call

If you are looking for home cleaning to handyman services, Handy is the leading platform for connecting individuals with their top-quality, pre-screened independent service professionals. They offer a 24/7 friendly customer service and their rates are affordable. Handy is the easiest, most convenient way to book home services.

Handy services are available in 25 cities in the U.S., two in Canada, and in London as well. So far they have received over 200,000 applications to the site for potential cleaners and handymen, and currently have over 5,000 active professionals who complete at least one job in a month.

The cleaning business is booming, and two years after the CEO, Umang Dua launched the business, they recently hit over $1million in bookings per week.

Handy on twitter, introduced a mobile app that offers consumers cleaning services on-demand, it shows real-time tracking of service professionals. Increasingly, consumers are getting comfortable with the idea of booking services through their mobile phone and with mandated background checks. Handy service professionals are thoroughly vetted.

Using the Handybook app and website, once you enter your zip code, the number of rooms to be cleaned, schedule the appointment, you instantly get a price quote, inclusive with tax and tip. A push notification on the app alerts you 15 minutes prior to your boked appointment that the cleaning professional is on his or her way. A map pops up in-app, showing your Handy professional in transit to your home. That person is tracked from 15 minutes before the job, until it’s complete.

They advertise themselves as an “Uber for home cleaning”, the Uber of home maintenance, and in many ways it is minus the surge pricing.

Handybook does a thorough background check, references and in-person interviews. From the thousands of applications received, only 3% get accepted. Handybook offers a money back guarantee, even covers replacement costs if by chance something is damaged.

For freelancers, they decide when and where they want to work and know how much money they will make before they accept a gig. They are more like contractors than actual employees. The income is reported on the books. The hourly wage is between $15 and $22 per hour, averages around $18 per hour for Handy cleaning professionals.

While Handybook offers other services, 85% of the company’s money came from house cleaning with the remaining 15% split between handyman services and a small number of plumbing services according to Hanrahan.

Leave a Reply